Sunday, July 15, 2012

Under Pressure

In yesterday's episode we have a failure of the oil pressure sending unit. Oil was pouring out of it. A little research showed that this is not uncommon.

 I'm not sure if it was too much oil that caused it to fail. I'm also not sure if this the original switch or if it was replaced at some point.

Here's the replacement part. I got it from NAPA (Part Number OP6172) for $8.12, which I'm sure it a little less than if I had to get one from a Ducati dealer. It's a little larger (it took a 22mm wrench instead of a 3/4in one). Otherwise it was pretty close in size.

With a little application of my garage hair dryer I warmed the cover and slipped it on. There are reports that the replacement sender may not last long, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment