Saturday, July 7, 2012

Joined the Alazzurra club today

Dr. Peter Venkman: Whoa! Whoa! You can't park right here! 
Dr Ray Stantz: Everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end. 
Dr. Peter Venkman: How much? 
Dr Ray Stantz: Only $4800. 
Dr Ray Stantz: Also new rings, mufflers, a little wiring.

So the good new is that I didn't pay $4800 but I'm sure I paid more than I should have. But with only about 1500 ever made they aren't everywhere, especially considering how many seem to have been altered or parted out.

The biggest known issue is a leak at the starter to engine junction. Unfortunately that means the flywheel side needs to be disassembled. That will be documented in a future post.

The bike recently had a top end job, at least the rings are fresh.

But the first task is to re-install the center stand. This will make maintenance easier in the future.




Someone replaced the original Cagiva logo with the Ducati logo with the Cagiva elephant. Probably from the Ducati 750 F1.



One of these days I'll get some SS brake lines.


No idea of what this logo is. I don't think it will last long.


The rear shocks have been upgraded to Works Performance shocks.



No idea what the red rocker switch on the right side of the dash is for. Yet. There's no mirrors, I have a bar end mirror spare that will go on, but that will get replaced by bar end mirrors for both sides.


The clutch master cylinder was replaced at some point. Because the handlebar pad was removed the ignition switch was moved to the right of the dash.


Included with the bike was a box full of parts that had been replace or removed. The air box is complete (there are K&Ns on the bike).


The ignition key doesn't work on the helmet lock or the seat lock. Luckily it's not hard to release the seat with the right tool.


A nice surprise was this tool roll. I assume it's original, and full but I don't know how complete it is.

There may be another box of parts, but there is a full fairing still coming with the bike. Once I've tidied up the engine I'll look forward to putting the full fairing on.

So now I clean it up, fix the oil leak, start it up and see how it goes.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good start. A little soap and water will do it wonders. Good luck with your new duc.....

    ReplyDelete