Sunday, August 12, 2012

Replacement Fuse Panel


The stock fuse panel uses some archaic ceramic fuses. They are notorious for not making a great connection and the ease at which you can remove them bears this out. On the panel the far left fuse is the main power.


The main power starts at the alternator, goes to the voltage regulator, to starter solenoid, then to the battery. From the battery it comes to this fuse then to the general relay. From the general relay it changes to the brown wire you see at the top of the fuse panel. This is your switched power.


This is a simple fuse panel with a ground block. I may switch this out for a 4 fuse panel without the ground block as the Alazzurra grounds to the frame. For a custom harness I'd bring as many grounds as I could to the ground block.

I made a pigtail with a round connector at one end to fit onto the power block and a spade connector on the other. It will fit in the stock brown wire connector. Having the extra connection isn't idea but it retains the stock wiring connector and I don't cut into the harness.

Then I'll move the three wires to the new fuse block. The first one is the turn signals and brake lights. The next one is horn and the last one goes to the handlebar switch.

I'll also add a separate 25 amp inline fuse to the main power. The other fuses will be 8-10 amps.

1 comment:

  1. Could I ask where you got that color coded wiring diagram? I'm having some electrical troubles with my 85 Alazzurra and it would be very helpful to have a nice one like that.

    ReplyDelete